Welcome to the World Dance Congress
The best opportunity to showcase your work to hundreds of dance teachers, choreographers, researchers, journalists, organizers and suppliers from the 5 continents.
The World Congress is a scientific conference, a trade fair and a participatory event, facilitating networking with colleagues and informal discussions.
All forms of dance are represented. Strictly non-profit, members only, to keep a high level.
The program includes:
- Research reports (papers) are presented and discussed among peers
- Lectures on original subjects resulting from long experience
- Classes, where teachers give a short demonstration of their method
- Performances by dance companies, duos or solos
- Video projections presenting choreographies or full performances
- Exhibitions and sale of books, records, pictures, costumes, accessories etc.
- Evenings where members can discuss in a relaxed setting or dance to local music.
- Visits to places of special interest, such as dance schools, museums, sites etc.
Organized by the Athens and Pireaus Sections of CID and the national Dora Stratou Dance Theater. Under the auspices of the Ministry of Culture, the National UNESCO Commission, as well as the City Council.
Submitting a presentation is optional. Absentee presenters can register also; their presentations will be included in the program and in the proceedings. The proceedings website is visited by tens of thousands of dance professionals all over the world.
To apply for a visa and/or to sponsors participants receive an official certificate.
Next door to the most ancient dance theater in the world, under the Acropolis of Athens, within a pine-tree park, 20 minutes from the nearest beach, in the picturesque old town of Athens, we invite you to a serious professional event and an unforgettable experience.
See you there !
Alkis Raftis, President of the CID
Plaka old neighbourhood in Athens, where the Dora Stratou building is located